Quick Jump

Last News...

HTC launched the HTC U12+ with spectacular design
Samsung also launched the Galaxy J4
Samsung launched the Galaxy J6 and Galaxy J8
Samsung launched the Galaxy S Light Luxury in China

Samsung sued over an exploding phone and it's not the Galaxy Note 7

Monday, September 12, 2016


Besides the explosion of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Samsung is facing another embarrassing situation: a Galaxy S7 edge unit caught fire in the owner's pocket, "causing him second and third degree burns."

 According to the owner of the phone, Daniel Ramirez, he claims that the phone caught fire in his pocket while he was working. He heard “whistling, screeching, and vibrating” and when he reached into his pocket to grab his phone, he suffered burns to his hand as a result of the phone being on fire.

And then the unit exploded without any warning. Ramirez ended up with second and third degree burns as his pants melted onto his leg. As a result of the fire, Ramirez had to undergo painful skin grafts and has "permanent and life-altering injuries."

This happens to be the first time Samsung has been sued over a battery issue with one of its handsets. Considering what has happened with the Galaxy Note 7 since, it won't be the last. 

Unfortunately it is unclear as to how the Galaxy S7 Edge might have caught on fire, especially since it was inside his pocket which means that it probably wasn’t charging.

It must be pointed out that this is not the first time this phone were exploded, last month, we hear about a Galaxy S7 edge unit that allegedly exploded while charging overnight.

Follow us on facebook
follow us on twitter
follow us on Google +